Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Treats are a classic dessert, but with a few simple decorations, they can be transformed into Frankenstein-inspired snacks. Here’s how to make them:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Green food coloring
- Black decorating icing
- Candy eyes
1. Melt butter in a large pot. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Add green food coloring and mix well. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
2. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and press the mixture into the pan. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
3. Once the mixture has cooled, use the black decorating icing to draw a “scar” down the center of each treat. Use the remaining icing to add hair, eyebrows, and a mouth. Finally, add candy eyes to complete the spooky look.
Witch’s Broomstick Snacks
These broomsticks are a fun and easy alternative to regular ol’ pretzel sticks. They’re perfect for a Halloween party or a quick snack. Here’s how to make them:
- Pretzel sticks
- Cheese slices
- Scallions (optional)
1. Cut cheese slices into narrow strips and about an inch wide.
2. Wrap cheese strips around the top of each pretzel stick, leaving about 1 inch of the stick uncovered to resemble the bristles of a broom.
3. Tie a small piece of scallion around the cheese and the top of the pretzel to secure the bristles in place.
These grape eyeballs are just the right combination of sweet and spooky. They’re simple to make and require only a few ingredients. Here’s how to make them:
- Cream cheese
1. Wash grapes and pat them dry.
2. Add a small amount of cream cheese to the top of each grape.
3. Place a blueberry on top of the cream cheese to resemble an eye.
4. Serve immediately.
These monster mouths are not only tasty but also incredibly amusing. Kids will love seeing their creations come to life. Here’s how to make them:
- Peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Red food coloring
1. Cut apples into slices.
2. Mix a few drops of red food coloring with a small amount of water and dip the mini marshmallows into the mixture.
3. Spread peanut butter onto one side of each slice of apple.
4. Arrange the red-dyed mini marshmallows along the edge of the peanut butter, with the sticky side of the marshmallow against the apple to resemble teeth.
5. Place another apple slice on top, and press down gently to hold the two slices together.
6. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a small slit in the center of each “mouth” to create a tongue.
Halloween is all about the spooky treats that we get to enjoy. By letting your kids create their own spooky snacks, you can encourage creativity while having fun together. Consider making Frankenstein Rice Krispie treats, Witch’s Broomsticks, Grape Eyeballs, or Monster Mouths for your Halloween party or as an afternoon snack. These snacks won’t just add to the ambiance of Halloween, but also provide a sweet and delicious treat that everyone will love. Enjoy!